Sunday 6 December 2009

River Island Restyling competition






I felt this one was too 'cute' for my jacket.

I am currently working on a River Island restyling competition as part of my major project preparation. We need a live aspect to our brief and because I am planning on doing recycled fashion for my final major project I though this competition was perfect for my project. We got sent a box of clothing from River Island which we have to rework, customise or completely take apart and recreate a stand out outfit. I chose this blue dress and am making a cropped jacket. These are photo's of the sleeves I may use for the final jacket. I made them out of calico first to see how they look. The last sleeve is the one I will be doing. I will use fabric from another black dress to make the insert in the centre.

1 comment: