Tuesday 24 November 2009

Experimenting and reworking leather


This is just a sleeve gathered at the crown, I made it so the waistband of the jacket was the hem of the sleeve. I love the effect leather has on this sleeve pattern. I am definately going to use recycled leather in my final collection.











The leather jacket which I made the sleeve and corset/ fitted bodice with.
I had to use brown and beige cotton to sew it together which doesn't look good but it's only a sample so if I were to make it again I would definately use black and I think I would bone it too and make it a proper corset.


I had to pin the corset to the mannequin but it fits me so I think I may wear it out on sat night, if I finish it (and it doesn't fall down)

I plan to fasten it at the back using hook and eye tape.


I added a velvet binding at the end (very quickly and not very well) I don't like it though, it reminds me of christmas outfits, I'm not sure why but my housemate agree's. She said it was "what a goth would wear at a christmad party" so I am definately goinf to remove it and find another binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment